Notice of Election – November 7, 2022
Call for Council Nominations for Municipal Election
NOTICE OF NOMINATION PROCEEDINGS
PURSUANT TO SECTION 42 OF THE MUNICIPAL GOVERNMENT ACT, AND SUBSECTION 25(1) OF THE MUNICIPAL ELECTION REGULATIONS
Public notice is hereby given to the electors of the Rural Municipality of West River that a Municipal Election will be held on Monday, November 7, 2022, to elect the mayor and 6 councillors for the Rural Municipality of West River for the term of office terminating on the 6th day of December 2026.
The nomination period for the council positions noted above commences on Wednesday, October 12, 2022, and closes at 2:00 pm on Nomination Day on Friday, October 21, 2022.
Nominations shall only be received during office hours at the election office, located at
Afton Community Centre, 1552 Rte 19, New Dominion, PEI by the Municipal Electoral Officer or Deputy Municipal Election Officer at the following times:
- Thursdays – 3:00 pm – 6:00 PM
- Friday, October 21, 2022, from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
The deadline for correcting elector information shall be no later than 11:59 am on Tuesday, October 25, 2022.
For more information contact:
- The Municipal Electoral Officer – MEO Bev McIsaac at (902) 393-4166, firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Deputy MEO – Kelly Taylor at (902) 675-7000 or email@example.com
- Visit https://www.westriverpe.ca/election
- Visit the Municipal Election Information website: www.peimunicipalelections.ca