Check if you need a Permit

According to the Rural Municipality of West River's Land Use Bylaw, Section (3.1) and  Section (3.2): 

•   Make a change of use on a parcel of land, or of a structure or part of a structure;

•   Commence any development

•   Construct any structure on a property;

•   Make structural alterations to any structure;

•   Establish or start a home-based business

•   Make any underground installation, such as a foundation wall; 

•   Move or demolish any structure greater than 20 sq. m. (215.28 sq. ft.); 

•   Construct a new driveway or alter a driveway access; 

•   place or dump any fill or any other material;

•   Subdivide or consolidate a parcel or parcels of land;

•   Erect or replace a solar array; or 

•   Construct or replace a deck or patio.

•   Constructing or replacing a fence;

•   Installing clotheslines, poles, and radio or television antennae; 

•   Making a garden; 

•   Growing a crop or preparing land for a crop;

•   Making landscaping improvements or constructing or installing ornamental structures, play structures, or accessory structures of 6 sq. m. (64.5 sq. ft.) or less in area;

•   Conducting routine maintenance which has the effect of maintaining or restoring a structure or any of its elements to its original state or condition;

•   A development that involves the interior or exterior renovation of a building that will not change the shape of the building or increase its volume, will not add more dwelling units, or will not result in a change of use of the building;

•   The use of a portion of any dwelling unit or building accessory to a dwelling unit as a personal office for residents of the dwelling unit, provided no signage is posted;

•   Establishing or placing a swimming pool; and

•   Public utilities located within the street.

Check if you need a Permit